Win a Copy Of
Louder Than The Crowd (Gut)
" Louder Than The Crowd" Independent sounds
from the U.K. underground, shall be released on the 21st of July. The
double CD compilation sees some of the best independent and unsigned
bands from the UK. In conjunction with the album club nights shall be
held all over the country, from Scotland to Southhampton. For more infomation
on the Gigs see below.
To win a copy of this definitive CD, mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
the answer to this simple question:
What is louder than bombs?
Check out some of the early web reviews that the album
"So, there's no decent rock bands in the UK you say ? Well, nobody
seems to have told the chaps at Gut Records who've managed to hand pick
41 of the coolest bands on the UK circuit and put them on this double
CD. Yep, you read correctly, 41 bands. And what better way to open it
up with the fantastic Mahumodo and the stunning Sikth ?
It gets better though as this CD showcases the best of the talent trawling
around the UK circuit as we speak. I don't mean your Lostprophets and
your Hundred Reasons, nope these are bands that have absolutely no cash
and no big labels supporting them. Bands like Murder One, Jarcrew, Johnny
Truant and Labrat have a work ethic that involves playing every shit
venue in every shit British town and then doing it again a month later.
Word of mouth is what has got these bands the respect they deserve today
and now it's time somebody in a suit sat up and took notice. Although,
a quick scan down the list of bands on this compilation and you can
pick out the likes of Funeral For A Friend, Million Dead and The Blueprint
as just a couple of the bands who are surely destined to make the step
up to bigger and better things
Compilation CD's are usually a hit and miss affair but, as a summary
of what is going on in the UK at the moment, Louder Than The Crowd is
a pretty diverse collection which touches on all bases from the rockier
bands like Rueben to the downright brutal sludge of bands like Charger
and shows that UK rock is stronger than it has been for years!"
1) Mahumodo - 'April's'
2) SikTh - 'How May I Help You?'
3) Skindred - 'Vampire Slayer'
4) Murder One -'Onscreen Rapist'
5) Aereogramme - 'Wood'
6) Capdown - 'MV4'
7) Million Dead - 'The Kids Are Going To Love It'
8) Jarcrew - 'Paris & The New Math'
9) Charger - '1d'
10) Jerry-Built - 'Receivers'
11) Johnny Truant - 'I Am The Primitologist Mr Robert Sapolsky'
12) Palehorse - 'Holy Trinity Church Student Bar'
13) X Is Greater Than Y - 'Wet Knife'
14) One Pity - 'Heaven Sent'
15) Spunge - 'Ego'
16) Kinesis - 'Billboard Beauty'
17) Onedice - 'Life'
18) Number One Son - 'Contrasts'
19) Miocene - 'Tradition is Just Another Word for the Collective Habit'
1) Farse - 'When The Laughter Stops'
2) Hiding with Girls - 'Cassette'
3) 3 Stages of Pain - 'Southern Bullet'
4) The Copperpot Journals - 'Swimming Comparisons'
5) Funeral for a Friend - '10:45 Amsterdam Conversations'
6) The Blueprint - 'Consafos'
7) Labrat - 'Two Pigs Fucking'
8) Harpies - 'Deep'
9) Beecher - 'Let Them Drown'
10) Breed 77 - 'La Ultima Hora'
11) The Mass - 'Blind Faith'
12) The More I See - 'Born Freaks'
13) Fallen To - 'Throw Away'
14) Fony - 'R.I.U.P'
15) Reuben - 'Banner Held High'
16) Eden Maine - Ephemera'
17) Hondo Maclean - 'Asia Argento'
18) Fireapple Red - '[1x106]s'
19) Days of Grace - 'Kineto'
20) Little Hell - 'Virus With Shoes'
21) Dukes of Nothing - 'Half Evil'
22) Winnebago Deal - 'Nitro Ground Shaker'
Thursday 24th July
Spunge - The Park, Peterborough
Fallen To - Club 103, Plymouth
Reuben - Kingtuts, Glasgow
Tuesday 15th July
Thursday 17th July
The Villa (Bournemouth)
Friday 18th July
PHUCT @ Bristol Beirkeller
Saturday 19th July
Rock City (Nottingham)
Monday 21st July
Thursday 24th July
Friday 25th July
Generation X (Bristol)
Leeds Met Uni
Saturday 26th July
Mission Jnr (under 18's)
The Cockpit ( Leeds)